Indirect Remote Positioning of Smartphones
For positioning of smartphones, only yooBee Beacons need to be installed, not the yooBee BaseStation. An app that includes the basic yooBee Mobile SDK needs to be installed on the smartphone.
Actions by the yooBee Beacons:
- advertising packets, just like typical iBeacons do
Actions by the Smartphone or Tablet:
The yooBee Mobile SDK will every second:
- measure the RSSI value of the received packets advertised by yooBee Beacons in its range
- collect the values from the on-board inertial sensors: accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, ...
- transmit these data (over WiFi or 3G/4G) to the cloud server
Actions by the Cloud Server:
- collects the data from the smartphone as inputs for the positioning engine
- calculates the smartphone's position, using the info on the floorplan, and a SLAM-based propagation model of the indoor environment